I am an English degree graduate who worked for a year as an intern blogger for the company F.E.M.M. I am now a long-term substitute teacher for 9th grade English Language Arts classes and English Language Learners. I am a hard-working individual who wants to apply my educational experience in English to teaching literature at the college level. My areas of proficiency include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Word Press, Weebly, and Google Drive.
- Present Resident in Shalimar, Florida
- Sex: Female
- Status: single
- Birthdate: 06-16-1994
- Hobbies: Reading, writing, listening to music, following makeup vloggers on YouTube, movies news, and entertainment news.
- Experience in journalism
- Excellent research skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Organizational planning
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google Drive.
- MLA and AP style of writing
- Excellent communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of English Literature.
- Critical thinker.
- Elaine Hagan. Retired high school biology teacher and head of the science department at Choctawhatchee High school. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Bernich. Student guide counselor and ESE specialist at Choctawhatchee High school, Pryor, and Meigs Middle School. Email: BernichC@Okaloosaschools.com
- Michelle Heck. Principal at Choctawhatchee High School. 110 Racetrack Rd. Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Email: HeckM@okaloosaschools.com
- Pamela Tisza. Assistant Principal Wright Elementary school. Email: Prtisza42@gmail.com
- Jae Pesante Co-executive coordinator of Fashion and Entertainment Media Magazine (F.E.M.M.) Email: email@example.com
- Link to my Linkedin account https://www.linkedin.com/in/cayce-mccarthy-5164ba147/
- Link to my portfolio: https://wordpress.com/posts/entertainmentblog.org
- Long-term Substitute Teacher. Okaloosa County Schools. 2018-2020
- Internship with Fashion Entertainment Media Magazine (F.E.M.M.) as Arts and Entertainment blogger and journalist. 2018-2019
- Petland: Part Time. Pet Counselor. Mary Esther, Fl. 2018-
- Belk: Sales Associate. Destin Commons. Destin, Florida 2017-2018
- Disney Store: Stock Associate. Premium Outlets. Sand Destin, Florida Summer job 2015
- Hollister. Impactor. Destin Commons. Destin, Florida Summer job 2013
- Volunteer work at Seacrest Wolf Preserve 2007-
- Volunteer work at Fort Walton Beach Public Library 2018-2019
Education and Training:
- University of South Carolina: Columbia, SC. 2015-2017
- Bachelor’s Degree in English
- Cognate in Classics
- GPA 3.4
- Northwest Florida State College: Niceville, Fl. 2013-2015
- General A.A.
Activities and Honors:
- Certified Substitute Teacher
- Scored a 4 on FCAT Writes.
- Scored a 6 on Okaloosa Writes.
- Dean’s List
- Yolanda Scholarship Recipient
- Honor Society National Journalism Honor Roll by the National Scholastic Press Association
- Beta club treasurer in high school
- Phi theta Kappa Honor Society Member
- Courses in English:
- English Lit., English 102, Child Lit., Child Creative Writing, General Creative Writing, Scottish Lit, American Lit. I and II, Shakespeare Tragedies, Shakespeare Comedies and History, Renaissance Lit, English Grammar, Information Literacy, Women Writers, and Southern Lit.
- Courses in Classics:
- Introduction to Classical Mythology
- Sexuality, Gender, and Power in Ancient Rome.
- Classical Mythology
- Sexuality and Gender in Ancient Greece
- Journalism courses:
- Media and Society
- Principles of Public Relations.